Friday, October 29, 2010

ffwd - apple cake


Originally, I tried to post the photo from my phone, but it looks like that didn't work at all. Boo.



I made two Dorie apple cakes this week - her Double Apple Cake from BFMHTY and the French Fridays' recipe for the week - Marie-Helene's Apple Cake. It was a great excuse to use up some apples that a friend picked. I preferred the Double Apple Cake, and hubby preferred Marie-Helene's. Both of us enjoyed both thoroughly!

I was able to use an 8" springform for the first time on Marie-Helene's cake. I bought a set of three to get the 10" for a Martha Stewart cheesecake several years ago, and the 8" has been sadly neglected since then. My apples were smaller, and the receipe called for larger apples, so I added an extra apple, and it seemed to work out nicely. Look at that pretty browning!


I had to buy a bundt cake pan. A couple of years ago I had a fit and threw out any bundts I had because I couldn't convince a cake to come out cleanly. Given my prior fits, I'm pretty proud of how this one turned out! Maybe I can face bundts again.

5 comments:

onewetfoot said...

Yours looks perfect - just like Dorie's!

Irka_Irka said...

нормально))наверно вкусно))

philaction said...

I was looking for those Kitchenaid 600. Your Red KitchenAid blog came up in the search results, naturally. It's a pity you've not posted lately.
Cheers

MLM Software said...

Thank you,
The given information is very effective.
I will keep updated with the same

Software Development


anup@ariestechsoft.net

sldfasljnfo said...

But this year we will see added smartphones commutual with HTC Beats afterward the acquirement of a HTC affair $ 300 actor in the audio business backward aftermost year, he said. Beats and speakers will be begin not abandoned in the Chrysler 300, as they were in 2011, but additionally in the Dodge Charger Beats by Dr. Dre. And, as we saw at CES, speakers Beats accomplish their way into laptops HP afresh this year too.

After the monster accomplishment acceding expires at the end of the year, affairs to avenue Beats alone, Iovine told my aide Gerrick D. Kennedy on our blog Pop & Hiss sister of monster beats by dr dre Beats by Dre. Despite letters to the contrary, Iovine said, the breach was consistently the ambition of the audio start-up.

It was consistently intended Beats by Dr. Dre. It has consistently been a five-year contract, said Iovine. It was a administration arrangement manufacturing Beats by Dr. Dre headphones. We were with Monster for headphones and speakers. It has consistently been a plan to transform itself into an absolute company. Beats by dre headphones