Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesdays with Dorie


This week's recipe was the peppermint cream puff ring, but I cheated a little and made it a day late and with (milk) chocolate custard instead of peppermint and topped it with powdered sugar instead of chocolate ganache (because I didn't want to run to the store for the 3d time today just to get heavy cream). I definitely had plenty left over for puffs, and made a good overflowing plate of them. Everyone seemed to like them, and they finished them all off.
I realized that I'm not really a fan of puffs in general. I knew that I didn't like frozen or catered cream puffs, but thought that this might be the thing to change my mind. Nah. I loved the custard, and could have eaten it straight, but I just can't get excited about the taste of pate a choix. Now I know. Still, I'm definitely glad I made it, if only so that I know I can.

4 comments:

Jules Someone said...

Looks delicious. And at least now you can say you've made it.

ostwestwind said...

Be proud, you've made it, that's what counts.

Ulrike from K├╝chenlatein

Jacque said...

It sure looks yummy, though. I'm sure everyone else loved them.

Jaime said...

your ring turned out great! sorry you didn't like the taste so much - i even love the frozen cream puffs from costco :)