Friday, September 14, 2012

Labor Day baking

I love three-day weekends, and this one was perfect. I spent a day with friends, a day with the hubby, and then had an entire day left to bake!

My pinterest recipes to try board was filling up (I'm embarrassed to admit just how many pins there were), so I thought I'd take a stab at reducing the un-tested recipes on there. I love lemon, but I'm ready for fall, so I did a little bit of summer baking and a little bit of fall baking. Perfect for this end-of-summer holiday!

 First, it was this no-bake lemon cheesecake. Unfortunately, I was multitasking, and I think I left the gelatin and lemon juice mixture for too long. I am pretty sure it's not supposed to completely set up before you mix it in. Oops! So while I imagine it would have been even better if I'd done that properly, I think it turned out OK. It certainly looked beautiful (if I can say so myself).

No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
Then it was lemon cookies. Yes, more lemon. These were scrumptious, and definitely the quickest thing I made. Super easy, but I was surprised (I don't know why) that it only made about 24 cookies. I am just used to getting more cookies out of a batch.

Lemon Cookies

Finally, I made pumpkin cupcakes with salted caramel buttercream. These were a real hit! The caramel was tricky, and it took me 4 tries to manage to make it without burning it (and I still think I may have taken it off the heat about 10 seconds earlier than perfect). The secret was definitely to take it off the heat at the very first sign of color. Mine kept cooking until the cream was all stirred in, so waiting to pull it off when it was already dark was way too late. And cooling it with ice isn't a good solution either - it immediately hardens the caramel (not that I'd be so foolish as to try something like that). But just in case you were thinking it. Yeah.

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream
Oh, and I made some taco soup (a go-to in my house), but used recipes for taco seasoning and ranch mix instead of packets. I think I'd forgo the dill next time (just not a huge fan), and back off the cayenne (hubby was a little overwhelmed by the spiciness). Other than that, it was nice to use spices in my cabinet instead of having to buy something else.

5 comments:

Fahad Naseer said...

Which Car you want..? Here is a best list of Cars and Vehicles, Hot Vehicles, Strange Cars, Super Cars Model, Funny Cars, Car Latest Models, Cars with Girls, Cars like helicopter and Most Speed and Expensive Cars
WorldLatestVehicles.com

FashionandBeauty said...

When i see the pictures , I'm Straving ; )

CoMe Here :

http://makeworldofdreams.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

powder metal
sintered metal
slide bearing
Plastic bearing
真空成型
泡殼
Tray盤
托盤
包裝盒
台中油漆
台中油漆工程
台中油漆粉刷
台中油漆行
油漆裝潢工程行
追蹤器
衛星追蹤器
徵信器材
反偷拍
監視系統
痔瘡
花店
sony數位相機
內衣
內衣
黃金價格
黃金回收
訂房網
婚紗
婚紗攝影
蜂王乳
防水
修眉
繡眉
假睫毛
種睫毛
植睫毛
新秘
新娘秘書
美容保養
彩妝課程
彩妝師
獎盃
聲寶服務站
歌林服務站
台中美食
蜂蜜
微晶瓷
玻尿酸
雷射除毛
肉毒桿菌
英文翻譯
日文翻譯
公證
花蓮民宿
婚紗攝影
台中婚紗
團體制服
團體POLO衫
制服訂做
團體制服
團體服訂做
公司制服

TALHA AKHTAR-UL-QADRI said...

Billions of Internet Users Search Online Jobs on internet and Make Perfect Business from home, Internet World Wide Online Jobs and Business Plans.
Genuines Works of Data Entry, Copy Pasting, Add Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plan and Much More Business Plans.
www.jobzcorner.com

kacper@tastyquery.com said...

Hello!

I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

For more please visit:
http://tastyquery.com

TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards!