Cheesy Rotisserie Chicken & Bowties (from She's Becoming DoughMessTic)
makes 6 to 8 servings
- Store bought rotisserie chicken, chopped or pulled into pieces
- One standard box Bow Tie Pasta (or, in my case, half a bag of veggie spirals)
- 1 bag shredded cheese (I used taco flavor, but any strong cheese will do)
- 1/2 Sweet onion, diced
- 1 Pepper, any color (I used orange this time)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom (regular size)
- 1 can Cream of Chicken (regular size)
- 4 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- 1 tsp dried cilantro (I didn't have any in the house, so I used poultry seasoning instead. I realize that it's a completely different spice, but it worked.)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 325.
Cook pasta in water and can of chicken broth until nearly done.
You will be baking this pasta, so take care not to over cook it now.
Reserve a cup of the broth from the pasta to add in to the mixture.
In large bowl, combine the broth, chicken, cheese, peppers, onions, melted butter, both creams, salt, pepper & cilantro.
Stir it well and pour it in a large baking dish.
at 325 for 45 minutes.
We served it with biscuits. I considered adding a ritz topping, but wanted to try the recipe as it was (basically) first. Next time, I'll definitely add a topping for a little extra oomph.